Key Stage 4
Year 9 to 12
Cambridge Secondary 2
- Cambridge Secondary 2 builds on the foundations of Cambridge Secondary 1, although it is not essential to have completed that stage before beginning Cambridge Secondary 2
- Cambridge Secondary 2 includes Cambridge IGCSE – the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 16 year olds – and Cambridge O Level, which has been designed especially for an international audience.
- Both provide excellent preparation for Cambridge Advanced and for progression to other educational systems.
- Cambridge IGCSE curriculum offers a variety of routes for pupils with a wide range of abilities, including those whose first language is not English.
- It develops pupils knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- subject content
- applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- intellectual enquiry
- flexibility and responsiveness to change
- working and communicating in English
- influencing outcomes
- cultural awareness.
Cross-curricular perspectives are a valuable part of learning. Making connections between subjects, skills and other dimensions create coherence for learners, and increases motivation and engagement for teachers and pupils alike.
Cambridge O Level
- Cambridge O Level is an internationally recognized qualification equivalent to Cambridge IGCSE and the UK GCSE.
- Cambridge O Level provides pupils with excellent preparation for academic progression to Cambridge Advanced as well as other progression routes.
- The Cambridge O Level curriculum emphasizes broad and balanced study across a wide range of subjects.
- The curriculum develops pupils’ skills in creative thinking, enquiry and problem solving, and is structured so that they attain both practical skills and theoretical knowledge.
- Cambridge Advanced is for pupils who need advanced study to prepare for university and higher education.
- The Cambridge Advanced stage includes Cambridge International AS & A Level which qualifies pupils to gain places at leading universities worldwide.
- It builds on the foundations of the Cambridge Secondary 2 stage.
- Students develop a deep understanding of subjects, as well as independent learning and constructive thinking skills – abilities which universities value highly.
Arabic, Religion and Social Studies
We provide Arabic, Religion and Social Studies curriculums according to the guidelines of The Ministry of Education
New 9-1 Scale for GCSE and International GCSE.
How it works:
- Grades 4 and 5 align to grade C.
- Grades 7 aligns to grade A.
- Grades 8 and 9 align to grade A*.
- Grades 9 represents a higher level of attainment than A* grades boundary.