FS1 & FS2
FS1 & FS2
- Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum is specifically designed to meet the needs of this age group (3.6 – 5.6 years) to prepare them for entry to Key Stage 1.
- Learning in this Stage is fun and curriculum objectives are achieved through purposeful, well-planned play and practical activities.
- English Language is central and children are encouraged to talk through their activities to extend vocabulary and explore ideas.
- They work towards the Early Learning Goals and are assessed using the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) Assessment Profile which records their progress and development throughout the Stage 1 and 2.
- Teachers and Co-teachers ensure that every child has the opportunity to succeed academically and socially.
- Learning in FS2 is fun and curriculum objectives are achieved through purposeful, well-planned play, practical activities and more formal lessons.
- Early Numeracy skills are developed through cross-curricular topics and this is done by practical hands-on experience.
- Pupils learn to read and write confidently.
- Specialist teachers teach Arabic, Ethics, PE, and Music.
- FS2 classes are based in large, colourful classrooms with an experienced teacher and a full-time TAs.
- All students have access to the play areas which challenge and develop their gross motor skills.
- Self-esteem and confidence are nurtured so that children become motivated and active learners.
- Through the introduction of the ‘Golden Rules’ a caring community is created where pupils learn to care for themselves, others and the school environment.